Friday, January 9, 2009

2009

Here we are in 2009. This is the really slow time for us giant pumpkin enthusiasts. Actually, last night I got the bug and decided that I would do some test germinations of last year's seeds. But then I went looking for potting soil and found that we don't have any in the house. But within three or four weeks, early season germinations of tomatoes and such will begin again!

I'm also on the lookout for the seed distribution from the NYSGPGA. Yes, I love New York.

Meanwhile, due to the downturn in the economy, in the first half of the coming year I need to take some time off (without pay). What this means is, I'll have lots of time to work on the pumpkin patch and the garden. I won't have a lot of extra money to spend on it. No vacations, just staying home, so I should have lots of time. Fortunately I still have a job, and in the industry I'm in that's pretty good.

No comments: