Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pocatello Farmer's Market Weighoff

Believe it or not, there is one more weighoff for me this year. The Pocatello Farmer's Market is hosting a weighoff on Oct. 24th. That's right, right about when AG's are already a block of ice around here. That's a whole three weeks from this coming Saturday. It's quite likely that we'll have temperatures in the TEENS between now and then. Atlantic Giants have a very high water content. At those temperatures, the flesh of the fruit will actually freeze.

This could be an interesting experiment, to see if I can keep it going with lots of blankets and tarps. I might just trim it down to nothing but a main vine and the fruit. Essentially that is all that is left now anyway.

So, I'm hanging on with a 400 pounder (hopefully) on the 998 Bowles. It was supposed to be orange, but it's white/pink. I do appreciate the idea from the Pocatello Farmer's Market... I just wish it could be two or three weeks earlier.

No comments: