Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Time to change

No, I'm NOT giving up growing. Far from it. I hope next year to put forth my best effort ever.

If you've known me for a while, you know that I can't stay in one place very long with this giant pumpkin blog. Over the past year, I've become somewhat of a Facebook junkie, and I also see better things happening over at bigpumpkins.com. Or at least, that site is REALLY stable.

So, because I already put more pictures up on FB, I'm going to discontinue this blog at this location and move my efforts to Facebook and bigpumpkins.com. I will probably do a regular "Grower Diary" on bigpumpkins.com and will also put updates on Facebook. Doing a diary on BP.com gets me MUCH more visibility to giant pumpkin growers across the world, while Facebook brings in a much more diverse audience.

Also on Facebook, I have created a page called "Southeast Idaho Giant Pumpkin Growers." You can go to FB and just do a search. If you like it, please join. This gives you the instant ability to send an email to everyone on the page, share photos with the group, stay involved in what's going on, etc.

I've found FB to be really "worthwhile"... it is so cool to catch up with old friends there. Who knows, maybe in a year from now FB will collapse under it's own weight, or maybe it will be passed by another hot thing... but for now it's the place to go.

No comments: