Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's almost time

The weather has been extremely nice, but cold, the last two days. Bright sunshine, and you can tell that the sun is much higher in the sky. It's warmer when you stand in it. Even if this nice sunshine continues, it's going to be another week at least before I can get into the patch and do any meaningful pre-season prep. I need to run some sprinkler lines, get more loads of compost, maybe some sand, and then I finally need to get the tractor running. Wow.

For anyone in Pocatello, I'm doing a Giant Pumpkin seminar at Town and Country Gardens on April 9th.

I am SOOOOOO ready to ditch the coat, and the jacket, and put them somewhere where I can't find them, and be done with them until at least late October!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have 18" of snow over parts the patch. I had to walk through it today just the see if where I had pushed the snow off was thawing... The ground is still frozen solid. Its going to be a while yet. 35 days till planting!!
brian

cliffwarren said...

My snow is gone except for just past the cotoneaster hedge, where it piles up when it blows. The ground is not frozen, but it is still way too wet. But give it another week and maybe it will be ready to plow.