Friday, July 24, 2009

Everything is reversed

Well, here we go. This is just such a "good and bad" year.

Two months ago, if you had told me that the 1436 and the 1392 would be the kings of the patch, I would have not thought it possible.

1436 - Looking awesome. The fruit is growing nicely, and has a perfect shape.

1392 - Also looking great. The fruit is doing well, even though the plant doesn't seem like much.

998 - The double-vining freak plant. The fruit is coming on. It should be round and orange.

Now, for the two that I THOUGHT would do well:

964 - The fruit is PEANUT shaped!! Ugh. I might need to go with a side vine fruit. I'll post a picture, but this shape doesn't bode well for it's long-term prospects. My 964 plant last year produced a 100% perfect fruit with big walls and no cracks. This one, well I mentioned that the vine kind of died off near the fruit... looks like the fruit is bad as well.

779 - Has a fruit pollinated at a good spot, but it just isn't growing much. There is still time for it to kick into gear, but so far I'm disappointed. Maybe this will become the Pocatello Farmer's Market weighoff fruit. ;-)

The 1232 is still around, and should produce some nice carvers.

No comments: