Monday, June 28, 2010

Measuring

Normally I would be pollinating in about one week. July the 4th is normally "peak" time for me. This year I'm about two weeks behind.

The longest vine I have right now is a little over 9 feet on the 1505 Holland. Best case scenario, this one is at least two weeks away from setting a fruit. The 1211.5 Toftness and 1725 Harp are also in the running. The other three are good healthy plants, but probably three weeks out. I hope we have a good September.

If you are in my area, please make a comment on how you're doing! Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will be ready to fertilize in about 3 days or so. I could have fertilized yesterday but I had one female an no male flowers. I had a little problem with all yellow leaves but that seems to be going away. The local garden center guy suggested ammonia from the decomposing cow poo might be the problem and to water the heck out of it. Seems to have worked. My main is about 12 feet out with the first set of secondaries at about 5 feet each.