Monday, April 27, 2009

Catching up

Well, I need to be more committed to updating this blog. It seems that I spend more time with Facebook these days.

Germination was pretty bad this year. I did get enough to fill every spot, but overall I'd say that the success rate was around 50%. Terrible! But luckily, other than the 1459 Sundstrom, each of the six spots has the plant that I had hoped would be the number one plant. Each site is planted, but each has only one plant at this time. No backups in the patch yet!

The 998 Bowles, 964 Wolf, 779 Warren, 1392 Bresnick, and 1232.5 Bailey are out there. Also, Elise's choice was a toss-up between the 1436 Nesbitt and 1362 Poirier. I put the Nesbitt out because it's easier to say than Poirier... but the Poirier could go out as soon as the HH is complete for that spot.

As for the 1459 Sundstrom, it came up but the seed leaves were mangled. It has a first true leaf, but so far I don't see any second true leaf developing. I will continue to monitor it.

So, about six days ago I started a 1071 Christensen and 583 Young. The Young is finally coming up today but the Christensen never moved. Then, later still I started a whole bunch of 720 and 779 Warrens, hopefully I'll get a few of them to show so I can put some backups out there. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm thinking I should blame it on the moon.

No comments: