Thursday, April 2, 2009

No change

Still getting snow and rain almost every day. Our reservoirs are full. I think we're going to have floods in the region, or at least very high, fast moving rivers. While I'm sitting here, I see that we have a fresh 2 or 3 inches of heavy wet stuff out there since I arrived at work.

I'm beginning to think that this could delay patch prep and the start of the season. Normally, I'd be planting in about three weeks from now. It just seems like an eternity, looking at all the saturated ground and cold temperatures. I have sprinkler lines to run, some sand and compost to bring in, not to mention a tractor that won't budge, and none of this can be done until it dries out. And, the forecast for the next week is much the same.

I sound like a broken record, but I'm absolutely in a holding pattern right now. Nothing can be done.

No comments: