Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring is here!

Well, a few days can make a big difference.

For yesterday and today at least, spring has arrived in south-east Idaho. We spent yesterday evening burning brush and cleaning up the garden in preparation for tilling. Hopefully today we will get the garden tilled. I'm at the mercy of my neighbors, as my tractor will need some work this summer. More on that later... I need to decide if I want to sell it to someone who wants to restore it, or if I can rebuild the engine. This decision would be easier to make if I had a shop space to keep it in.

So, today I hope to get a load of sand on my way home. This is a "sharp sand", which is coarse and is actually crushed rock. This should (hopefully) avoid clumping. It's definitely not beach sand. I'm only adding it to one or two plots.

No comments: