Tuesday, June 9, 2009

998 Surgery

I performed surgery on the 998 Bowles, to stop a double vine.

First of all, if you are seeing this via Facebook, it's because I setup my blog to send the blog posts to Facebook as notes. But, on FB you aren't seeing the pictures. If you would like to see the pictures, visit me at:

http://cliffsgiantpumpkin.blogspot.com/

OK, well the idea is to stop the double-vine completely and then train a secondary to take over. You can see how this vine is a trouble spot. It's sticking straight up and probably won't come down.

The offending main vine:



With the amount of "stuff" pruned away, hopefully that will send a lot of energy to a secondary. The secondary I have picked out is two nodes up from the double-bundle of pumpkin parts.

Before:



After:

No comments: