Monday, June 8, 2009

Comeback

These plants never cease to amaze me. On Friday I was blasted by wind. The plants were a mess. I pruned out quite a few twisted vines and a lot of broken leaves. By Sunday evening, the plants are looking great again. To the untrained eye, it would appear that nothing happened! They just fill in the empty spots and look great! I should always remember that top growers take out 1/3 to 1/2 of their secondaries anyway, and it should be good for the plant.

I'd say that I'm nearing 7 feet on the mains of the 998 and 964. That's pretty good considering that I've been with cool temperatures over the past week. Today is the first day that we're starting to see some sun in quite some time. This rainy pattern is supposed to continue through this week, but I'm hoping for some lucky breaks of sun.

The 998 is a monster. I've never had such a vigorous plant. The main vine is huge for this stage.

No comments: