Saturday, June 20, 2009

Catching up...

Here is where we stand. Not bad, considering the lack of warmth we've had!

998 Bowles - This one started out "gangbusters". Then the main vine went double, twice. I stopped the main and have anointed a secondary to become a new main. But it has taken forever to develop. One of the side vines is also a massive double vine. Many of the vines simply grow straight up into the air... it's a crazy plant and I'm not sure what I'll get from it.

964 Wolf - Awesome in every way, except that it has a nice split in the main vine. I think it's manageable, if I can keep it from getting worse. The main is out beyond 10 feet right now, I think.



779 Warren - Also very good. Almost as long as the 964, (from whence it came). It has a female at about 9 feet which should open in about 5 days. But that one is early. I should have a nice set at 12 or 13 feet, at the proper time!



1392 Bresnick - Odd looking plant, hairy, weird leaves, but doing OK. A little smaller than the first three I mentioned.

1436 Nesbitt - Looking fine. About the same size as the 1392. This was Elise's plant, but she seemed to have lost interest this year when she found out that the fair wasn't hosting a big money prize. So far I've done all the work, and so it becomes my plant. Between this one and the 998, likely one of these will need to be the fair fruit, because I can't get the others out until one of these comes out of the patch.

1232 Bailey - Out of the running. The plant has always been small, and then a section of the main got some sort of rot or it just didn't develop. It came out 90 degrees out of phase, and the main is now snapped... The plant might stay around simply because there is no other use for the space.

No comments: