Thursday, January 24, 2008

Seeds, seeds, seeds...

I joined the NYSGPGA, and now I have tons of great seeds. Well, I had tons of great seeds before, but now I have more. It will be very difficult to decide.

One thing I will do, is double and possibly triple-plant every site. That plan really worked well for me last year. I had some plants flat-vine on me, and others just didn't want to grow. But I wanted to grow out five plants, and last year was the first time I've really been able to do that, to have all five plants grow out and do fairly well. Even with double planting, I think I had only two tough decisions... the others were made for me because the plant had some sort of problem.

So, in order to use this strategy, you have to plant a few more seeds than you might otherwise use. It also gets hard if you spend any significant money on one particular seed. (Hey, I spent $xxx on this seed, I'm not pulling it!) Fortunately I don't have to worry about that. I'm just going to pick 12 or 15 of my most promising seeds and let the best six win.

No comments: